Monday, June 25, 2007

Rich Dad, Poor Dad



i am currently reading this book called Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (instead of studying for Business Law during my free time!)..it is meant to teach you what the author calls "financial literacy". the cover says "WHAT THE RICH TEACH THEIR KIDS ABOUT MONEY--that the poor and middle class do not!"..catchy huh?i love reading books..most of the books that i have read were written by Paulo Coelho and Nicolas Sparks (so cheesy, i know..) and what made me read this book?


when i got my first allowance from my ojt at IBM Business Services, after a week, i have none left! where did my cash in hand went?and well, i bought a bag from People R People,..and i treated my family for pizza at yellow cab...and my money was gone with the wind..i said to myself, if that would always happen to me when i am already working, then i am in a very big trouble..oh gosh..i can't buy luxuries all the time right?so i heard that this book will teach you how to become rich...


i am now in page 126, and i already learned things about money...like to be rich, "use your money to buy an asset and minimize buying liabilities"..what exactly is an asset?the book says "an asset is something that puts money into your pocket" and as for liability "it is something that takes money out of your pocket"..those kind of ideas..


how can you say that a person is wealthy?i found this definition from the book..that the author quoted from a man named Buckminster Fuller, and it says "Wealth is a person's ability to survive so many number of days forward.." or it simply means, "if i stopped working today, how long could i survive?"..the last line, i would apply it to myself by asking "if my parents stop giving me allowances today, how long could i survive?" oh gosh..i guess i would only survive for 2 days! scary!



so right now, i am trying my best to save money and minimize expenses..coz i don't want to struggle financially! hopefully after reading this book, i could think of something, a business, that would help me earn money...

No comments: